Who We Are
- The company – Electric Palace (Harwich) Ltd. The registered address of the Company is The Electric Palace, Kings Head Street, Harwich, Essex, C012 3ER. Company Registration Number is Company Number 01648465. In these term and conditions, the Company will be referred to as “The Electric Palace”.
- Tickets Purchased online, by phone or in person, are non-refundable or exchangeable, unless for any reason the performance is cancelled. In this case the whole amount, including the booking fee, will be refunded by the same method which you made the purchase.
- Promotional vouchers and discounts, must be redeemed at time of purchase. Some offers are not available for advance bookings so please check the Terms and Conditions applicable to the offer.
- If a film is age restricted – 12a, 15, or 18, whether or not a ticket has been purchased online, the Customer must bring recognised identification, such as a passport, driving licence, or official student card. If authentic identification cannot be provided when requested, you will not gain entry to the film and your tickets and booking fee will not be refunded. The final decision with regard to the production of identification and its suitability to prove age rests with the Staff of the cinema, and the Company’s decision in this matter is final.
- You must show the Credit or Debit card that you used to pay with, as well as your Booking Reference in order to collect your tickets.
- If you book the wrong product in error, please let us know immediately in order for us to change the booking. If you do not do so within one hour of making the original booking you will not be entitled to a refund as per condition number 2.
- If you fail to attend a performance for whatever reason you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Your data will be held securely by the company and will not be passed on to any third parties without your express permission. Data collected will only be used in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, and will not be used for any other use than that related to the cinemas.
- The Electric Palace offers a ‘Friends of the Electric Palace’ Membership scheme.
APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions govern the way in which you may use our website and apply to your Friends of the Electric Palace membership (referred to in these terms and conditions simply as Membership), Membership cards and all orders you place on our website irrespective of the delivery platform or device you use to access it.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before applying for a Membership (you may wish to print a copy for your records). By accessing our website you are agreeing to these terms and conditions but they do not affect your legal rights. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions you should not apply for a Membership, use our website or place an order.
- If you think there is a mistake in these terms and conditions or you have any questions, then please contact us to discuss.
- We may occasionally amend these terms and conditions and you should check them each time you place an order. These terms and conditions were last amended on 15 March 2018.
- You are only eligible for a Membership if you are aged 16 or older and are resident in the UK or Ireland. By submitting an order you are promising to us that you are at least 16 years old. We may at any point ask for proof of your age.
- You may apply for a Membership by completing the application form and making payment on our website or subscribing at the kiosk at the Electric Palace Cinema or by telephone on 01255 553333. You may not apply for a Membership for anyone other than yourself.
- Renewall of Membership is due on the 1 st of January each year and can be competed online, at the Electric Palace Kiosk or by telephone on 01255 553333
- We are not obliged to accept your order and can refuse to do so for any reason. We may also be unable to accept your order because:
- we have identified an error in the price or description of our services;
- we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment;
- you do not meet the eligibility to order criteria as set out in these terms and conditions.
We will let you know if this is the case and will not charge you for the Membership you have attempted to order.
- The creation of an agreement between you and us for the Membership you register for will only occur when we confirm acceptance of your application
- All Memberships are annual. You understand that by purchasing a Membership you are committing to pay the full annual subscription fee in advance for that Membership for the period of 12 months (subject to these terms and conditions)
- Membership entitles members to the following An invitation to the Annual General Meeting of Friends including refreshments and a specially selected film show or other entertainment. One voucher valid for one year for any film show but this excludes silent films with live musical accompaniment and all live music events. The newsletter ‘In The Frame’ twice a year, either by email or post.
- You confirm that the personal information you provide that identifies you (including contact information) is accurate and complete, and that you are authorised to provide such personal information. It is your responsibility to ensure that such personal information is kept up to date, and we will not be responsible for matters arising from errors or omissions in personal information at any time. You may update your details at any time online by contacting us online, in person or by telephone.
- When communicating with you, we will use the contact information (email address and phone numbers) provided in you membership form. It is therefore important that you contact us to update your details.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to services that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect these legal rights.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- We may suspend your Membership and temporarily deactivate your Membership Card or terminate your Membership (in our discretion) if:
- you fail to make any payment to us when due;
- we suspect any fraud in any matter connected to your Membership;
- any significant misuse of your Membership;
- or you engage in any behaviour or activity that is disruptive to or damaging to the Electric Palaceo any other serious breach of these terms and conditions which is either not capable of cure or which (if capable of cure) is not cured by you within the reasonable time period we specify.
- If we terminate your Membership under this clause we may refund any Membership fee you have paid but shall be entitled to deduct the price of any services you have used since the start of your Membership and a fair amount to reflect the loss to us from terminating the Membership in such circumstances. This right does not limit any other rights we may have against you.
- On termination, we will invalidate your Membership.
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer that is a foreseeable result of us breaking this agreement or failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable either if it is obvious that it will happen or if at the time of your application both you and we knew it might happen.
- Please note though that the Electric Palace cinema may be closed on a permanent or temporary basis from time to time, including for refurbishment or due to an event outside our control (as described below). We do not accept any liability for loss or damage in these circumstances.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance that is caused by events outside its reasonable control, including any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident which may be due to the following:
- Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war
- Fire, explosion, adverse weather, snowfall, ice, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster
- Disruption to or failure of the railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport
- Disruption to or failure of public or private telecommunications networks, the Internet, utility supplies or postal services
- Closure of or limited access to Picturehouse Cinemas on the grounds of our reasonable health and safety concerns
- Any governmental act, decree, legislation, regulation or restriction
- We do not exclude or restrict our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or that of its contractors or agents, and nothing in this clause shall operate to exclude, restrict or limit this liability.
- This agreement is between us and you and no other person shall have any rights to enforce this agreement.
- If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, or do not enforce or delay enforcing its rights, that will not mean that we have waived our rights nor that you do not have to comply with those obligations unless we have confirmed this in writing to you.
- English law governs these terms and all aspects of the relationship between us and you, The English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions. This means you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer protection rights in connection with these terms and conditions in England or in the EU country in which you live.
- We will only write and communicate with you in the English language.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
- All complaints or queries should be addressed to the Customer Care Team by post (The Electric Palace, Kings Head Street, Harwich Essex, CO12 3ER) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (01255 553333).